Tuesday 10 September 2013

Pork Belly

OMG, this was unbelievable I love Pork Belly and have always been a bit worried about cooking it. I worry that it would turn out tough. I adapted this recipe again from delicious with help from Mr Wong's. It was one I thought I could have a go.

Pork Belly

1kg Pork Belly skin on
2 cups soy sauce
1 cup of light soy sauce
1 bunch shallots
5 star anise
2 cinnamon quills
1kg caster sugar
1tbls chinese five spice
10cm ginger, chopped
 

Apple Salad

2 Granny Smith apples thinly sliced
2 shallots thinly sliced
2 tbls lemon juice
1 tbls olive oil.

First salt the pork, skin up and place in the fridge. Put the rest of the ingredients in a pan and simmer for an hour on low heat with a lid on. Brush the salt off the pork and place in the the saucepan, simmer for 2 hours turning pork about every 1/2 hour. Make sure you leave the lid on. Slice the pork drizzle some sauce over the top and serve with the apple mix.

No comments:

Post a Comment