Monday 9 September 2013

Father's Day

I had so many recipes that I wanted to try out for Father's Day, I thought I would put a tasting plate together for an entree (really enough for a main) anyway the three dishes that I made were, Homemade Spring Rolls, Prawn Cakes and Pork Belly.I thought I might blog one at a time, however I took a picture of all three on the plate.
First of all the Prawn Cakes, these were surprising mild, it may have been the red curry paste, however they were not as spicy as I thought they may be. This recipe is adapted from a recipe that I found in delicious.

Prawn Cakes

500g green prawns
3tbls red curry paste
1 large red chilli (deseeded)
1/4 cup oyster sauce
1 tsp fish sce
Oil for deep frying

Cucumber Relish

1 Lebanese cucumber
1 long red chilli
2 tbls caster sugar
2 tbls rice vinegar
2 shallots
1 handful coriander
1cm piece ginger (grated)
Process all of the above prawn cake ingredients (except the oil) in a food processor, rest in fridge for 10 mins. Roll into balls, slightly wet hands help so they don't stick. Make a small indent in the top.Chill again . Make the cucumber relish, finely dice the cucumber, red chilli, shallots and coriander. Add vinegar, caster sugar and ginger together whisk until sugar is dissolved. Add to the cucumber mixture. I cooked these in my wok at 180 degrees and serve with relish on top. Great to serve as an hors d'oeuvre, you could make more of a dipping sauce instead of the relish sitting on top.

No comments:

Post a Comment